12/09/2009

My Life as it Should Have Been, Chapter One Pt1

The Birth and Early Childhood
    Looking back on it now I realize that my birth was quite extraordinary.  It was almost as if I knew what my mother would do for me in the years to come, so I crawled out as quickly as I could to save her the pain of a long labor.  It was an arduous journey but I made it.  It would later be found that I was in fact one of the fastest births ever recorded.  That title is still held by a chap named Yusain Bolt. 

    In my struggle to get out of the uterus I strained my body beyond what it was meant to be capable of.  I spent many months in the hospital undergoing physical therapy before I was able to continue with my life, or start it rather.  During this trying time Marianne, a truly adorable nurse helped me keep fighting.  So many times I was ready to give up but she cooed me to keep going.  I became quite taken with her.  She was my first love.  I know that many say that such romantic attachments do not happen at that age due to the lack of hormones, but my love for her was not a choice, it was who I was, and I would never choose not to believe in it. 

    During these months I would do far more than simply find myself in love.  It is also the time where I first met my nemesis.  Yes my Nemesis. The now surely infamous Zachariah Hardwick.  He was born about three months after I was.  By then I was far better and had been moved out of ICU and back with the rest of the children in the maternity ward.  And there lay Zachariah.  I knew in an instant that he would be trouble.  It’s easier you see for children to pick up on these things.  After all that’s when we are not besieged yet with so many prejudices and quick conclusions.  I was astounded by the depravity he would be capable of.  It was on that day that I swore to keep that one from destroying the lives we hold so dear.

    My time in the hospital was drawing to a close.  I would have to say goodbye to my love Marianne.  I wanted to ask her for her hand but I was not blessed yet with the social aptitude I now possess, and was only able to burble incoherently.  Thankfully no one seemed to notice that that was not my intent.  Perhaps it is best that I did not marry sweet Marianne.  It is likely that our age difference would have been an insuperable barrier.  But thankfully our paths would meet again.

Ch 1.2 Cops and Robbers

No comments:

Post a Comment